Getting to Croatia
Travelling independently it is possible to gets flights daily to Zagreb, either via Croatia Airlines or National Carriers such as BA. From here interconnecting flights can be made or hire a car. For direct flights to the main rock climbing areas the following alternatives are available:
- Getting to Istria is relatively easy as it is a major holiday destination with many direct flights from all over Europe to Pula airport. Alternatively low cost carriers serve Trieste airport just over the border in Italy.
- Getting to Paklenica the easiest way is to fly into Zadar airport, which a small number of airlines fly into including some low cost carriers. Alternatively Rijeka airport to the north or Split airport to the south are good options.
- For the climbing around Split is very easy as again this is a major holiday destination with many direct flights from all over Europe to Split airport.
Accommodation in Croatia
The type of accommodation required will depend upon your group size, budget and preferred location.
- Camping – Always the cheapest choice and there are plenty of campsites in Croatia, many of which are open all year round.
- Villa - Always the most pleasant and luxurious option. If you are in a large group (6+) and are traveling outside the main holiday season (June to August) then hiring a villa can be surprisingly cheap.
- Apartments – These suit slightly smaller teams or couples.
- BB & Hotels – Croatia offers many BB and small hotels that are usually associated with restaurants (usually called a Pansion), along with plenty of larger hotels in the main tourist areas.
If you own an apartment or villa in Croatia and wish to advertise this with Climb Europe, then please contact us.